Amaury Dubois, French painter, likes to paint life in motion. From a room covered with graffiti to the world famous contemporary paintings, this is the story of a man who loves oil painting, he offers works full of life and colors, all marked by his signature: the "Courbism". Amaury Dubois is a painter who depicts the world around him in his own way.
Born in 1980 in France, he develops very early his taste for Art in all its forms. The artist studied Graphic Arts at the St Luc Institute in Tournai (BE). An apprenticeship that gave him the opportunity to refine his artistic fiber. Curious about the world around him, everything becomes a source of inspiration for him. Architecture, botany, astronomy, history, literature, music: an inexhaustible thirst for knowledge that has become the breeding ground for his works.
Unclassifiable artist, one will undoubtedly find surrealist roots mixed with cubism in his colored painting but Amaury Dubois prefers to speak about "Courbism". Through his lively works, recognizable by their significant curves, he represents the energies guided by fluids. He reveals the instinct of life, pictorial synthesis of his way of observing the world. Amaury Dubois paints the invisible which nevertheless surrounds us.
Europe, USA, Brazil, Singapore, Middle East... project after project, Amaury Dubois is spreading his artistic talent all over the world. His works are now permanently exhibited in several art galleries, and adorn many European and international collections.
Amaury Dubois attracts the curiosity of editors and the media who paint a glowing portrait of an artist who is always on the move. Ideat, France 2, le Figaro, M6, Geo Magazine, Elle Déco, Etc. A media coverage relayed in particular by the front page of "Art magazine" and the 1st page of "Beaux Art Magazine".
In 2020, Amaury Dubois takes a new dimension and transforms the interior of a 19th century church into a unique contemporary fresco of 600m2! After Picasso, Matisse or Okuda, Amaury Dubois joins the very closed circle of contemporary artists having realized this performance. A masterly work placed under the sign of posterity.
Nothing in reality is straight. Through his moving works, recognizable by their significant curves, Amaury Dubois brings the instinct of life into his paintings. To the conformism that sometimes threatens us, the artist prefers the audacity of a pictorial style of his own, which has become his signature. For each of his paintings, the artist proposes a pictorial adventure traced with method and weight. The movement is undulating, the lines are curves, our spirit is fluid. We are all intertwined in the tentacular entity that is the real world. Marriage of shades, depth of gradations, Amaury Dubois takes us on a path of colors and lights always in motion finely laid on the canvas.
Achievements that must be read until the last punctuation of color and light. Air, water, light, the artist reveals all these energies that cross us and in which we evolve permanently. Nothing is lost, nothing is created, everything is mixed. We are not frozen but in constant mutation.
The artist's paintings reveal this symbiosis where man and the world are one.
« To paint the invisible which nevertheless surrounds us ».
According to his meetings, Amaury Dubois mobilizes around his art large-scale projects, altruistic, ambitious. Institutional performance, monumental street art, capsule collection, renowned collaborations, Amaury Dubois shares his artistic adventures that are echoed throughout the world. From Lille to Singapore, via Dubai, the artist invites us to the heart of an inspiring pictorial journey that leaves no one indifferent. Back on a selection of highlights...
- Amaury Dubois transforms the vault of a church! (FR - La Rochelle - Chatelaillon-Plage)
Amaury Dubois takes a new dimension and transforms the interior of a 19th century church into a contemporary fresco of 600m covering the entire building. A decoration without equal in France and greeted in the whole world.
- The paintings of Amaury Dubois integrate the collections of an art foundation (BE)
Alongside Modigliani, Warhol or Banksy, several paintings by Amaury Dubois now take their place among his new prestigious neighbors.
- Cov'Artist - HPHF collaboration (FR - Paris)
During an auction organized by Drouot, Amaury Dubois donates the work "Jimi Hendrix Pink" to the benefit of the Fondation Hôpitaux de Paris - Hôpitaux de France.
- Street Art - Monumental fresco of 65m2 (FR - Lille)
With this 16x4m mural entitled "Shoot & Run", Amaury Dubois reinvents the urban environment in his own way.
- Advertising campaign McDonald's - World Cup 2014 (FR)
McDonald's France & TBWA France use the artist's abstract painting "River of Dream" for its TV & digital campaign.
- Space design - Grand Stade Pierre Mauroy Arena (FR - Lille)
With his 40 thematic works accompanied by an XXL photographic fresco, Amaury Dubois puts his mark on the very heart of the stadium, a true technical and architectural feat.
- Design - Mercedes Unique signature of a "Smart" (FR - Lille)
Artistic dressing of the vehicle in unique copy for "Mercedes Benz".
- Land Art - A living work that illuminates the Hauts de France region
With the project "Aurora", Amaury Dubois mobilizes a whole region around a collective work represented by 9 cities "lights". A performance represented by an original artistic assembly.
- Solo Exhibition - Mulan Gallery (Singapore)
On the occasion of the Festival of French Culture, organized by the French Embassy, a collection of paintings by Amaury Dubois crosses borders for the exhibition "French Kiss".
- Solo Exhibition - Art Knokke - Momentum Art Gallery (BE - Knokke)
Solo exhibition of the artist during "Art Knokke" at the Momentum art Gallery (Gerstein, Fazzino, Orlinski...)
- Prize of the Salon des artistes du monde (FR - Cannes)
Amaury Dubois wins the Grand Prix du Jury
- Prize of the Conseil Général de la Vienne (FR)
Amaury Dubois wins the Special Prize of the General Council
Project after project, the painter spreads his lively works all over the world. Amaury Dubois attracts the curiosity of publishers and the media who paint a glowing portrait of an artist always on the move. He has been featured on the cover of "Art magazine" and on the first page of "Beaux Art Magazine". His latest feat is a monumental fresco in the heart of the Sainte Madeleine church in Chatelaillon, which has been covered by the media all over the world.
- Cover Art Magazine: "The temporal parentheses of Amaury Dubois". A complete file and a real recognition of the artist's work.
- 1st page of Beaux Arts Magazine : "A resurrection in colors".A colorful portrait proposed by the magazine, one of the references of the profession.
- Le Figaro : «Une restauration haute en couleur pour cette église près de La Rochelle»
- France 2 TV News : «L'église de Châtelaillon-Plage illuminée par les fresques d'un artiste»
- France 3 TV News : Emission Télématin du 06/02/2021
- M6 TV News : «L'église de Châtelaillon-Plage illuminée par les fresques d'un artiste»
- GEO Magazine : «Cette église joue la carte du street-art avec une magnifique fresque XXL»
- Boursorama Mag : «Street-art: les villes stars en France»
- Le Journal du Design : «Il transforme la voûte d'une église en fresque monumentale.»
- Tuxboard : «L'artiste français Amaury Dubois réalise une oeuvre unique et exceptionnelle.»
- Entre luxe et prestige : «An inimitable photographic style of the artworks»
- Elle Déco : «Nos coups de coeur Arty Lille»
- Livre : Guide du Street Art Lille Métropole
- Book : "Leaders in Contemporary Art"
- DesignBoom : «Amaury Dubois breathes life into french church with monumental fresco»
- Supersonic : «Amaury Dubois, Church Fresco.»
- IDEAT magazine : "The graffiti church"
- The Merit Times : "French street style murals"
- CanadaLive : «France | A street art fresco adorns the ceiling of a church»
- The press : «Une fresque street art orne le plafond d’une église»
- Collater.al : Présent dans le Best of Street Art : Top 10 des plus belles œuvres Street Art au monde
- Fanpage : «l'artista Amaury Dubois affresca la chiesa di Sainte-Madeleine»
- ELLE Déco : "Colored Street Art in the church Sainte-Madeleine"
- Casa Vogue : "Artista cria pintura colorida de 600m² en ingreja na França"
- Cerodosbe : "El arte urbano conquista las iglesias"
- Cultura Inquieta : "El pintor contemporáneo Amaury Dubois pinta los frescos de una iglesia"
- Paris Match : Charles Fazzino et Amaury Dubois dans l'hebdomadaire
- Iloboyou : "A French church with a street art approach painted by Amaury Dubois"
Spatiul Construit : "Monumental fresco decorates a church near the beach"
Credo : "Temple with paintings in the style of street art "
Stacja7 : "Street art on the church vault"
Ekai : "Church with a street art fresco "
Alateia : "Street art fresco on the facade of the temple."
Misyjne : "France: church with street art fresco"